Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 24: San Francisco

Last Friday was our 5 year anniversary so to celebrate my husband planned a surprise trip.  All I knew was that we were flying to San Francisco and that I needed to pack 'something athletic'.  We had a fantastic 4 days!  The trip started in San Fran and we then headed to Napa for some wine tasting.  Over the next few days I'm going to post a bunch of photos that I took.  

flying into San Francisco
The flight from Los Angeles to San Fran was only 52 minutes long.  On such a short flight there was only one announcement from the pilot:  "we have reached our cruising altitude of 32,000 feet and will now begin our descent".  It was pretty funny!  I took a few photos out of the window during the descent.

Cafe de la Presse
After we checked into the hotel we set out to explore the city on foot.  On our way to Union Square we stopped at Cafe de la Presse for lunch.  What a fantastic Parisian style cafe!  We ordered a chicken sandwich, Croque Monsieur and an order Pomme Frites.  Top it off with a glass of white wine & chocolate macarons and all I can say is yummmm...........
Pomme Frites with mayo




No comments: