Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Beach at Sunset - Mixed Media Project

I noticed a few of my recent mixed media projects had a similar theme & palette to them - they involved pink flowers and a green background.  For this project I mixed things up a bit!  I started with a photograph which I converted to black & white in Photoshop.  Once the photo was applied to the canvas I used pastels and acrylic paint to enhance it.  I printed out some text from a recent surf report and applied it to the canvas with gel medium.  I then painted some tape using acrylic paint and applied to the canvas when dry. Before brushing the entire canvas with gel medium to finish it, I splattered some white paint drops on the corners.

Finished canvas - The Beach at Sunset

detail #1 
detail #2

detail #3

detail #4

No comments: