Sunday, October 2, 2011

Inspiration

Where does inspiration come from?  Sometimes it comes from the craziest places!

One evening over Labor Day weekend my husband & I attended a concert at the Mission in San Juan Capistrano.  It was a fabulous evening with al fresco dining, music and dancing.

The band that evening was "The Fab Four", a terrific Beatles tribute band.  For the next week or so I had 2 Beatles songs running through my head - Yellow Submarine & All You Need is Love.  One night when I sat down to work on some canvases there was a paper heart on the table.  As I picked up the heart I couldn't help but notice the lyrics running through my head.....love...love...love....all you need is love......  So I went with it, and this canvas is the result.  As I worked I wasn't sure where it was headed, I just experimented with different materials - collaging paper, molding paste, oil pastels & acrylic paint - and just had fun.  Not sure yet if there will be a Yellow Submarine canvas.
 

No comments: